Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Exciting

I'm at Bard now and the house is nice. I'm in the library sort of doing Arabic homework but I just wanted to share something with you quick.

THE BRONX- EL BRONX












I really like this. I'm not a big fan of the Bronx's other stuff; that "school" of hardcore never really appealed to me, although I guess it's all right for what it is. This record (El Bronx) really showcases what good musicians these guys are. This is a legit mariachi record, which, while a bit of a novelty, really comes through as a good album. I probably wouldn't be posting this if I didn't have a song on here to really latch on to, but the opener, "Cell Mates," is a fantastically great song. The vocals kind of sound like the dude from Beirut and there are horns and everything, so it honestly could be Beirut, but I don't really like Beirut and I can dig this and still be "punk." Whatever dude, just give it a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment