Monday, May 10, 2010

Okay okay

So it's "finals week" here at Bard College. Wrapping up year two in supremely classy fashion: putting my work off, listening to DJ SCREW, writin' blogz, surfing the web, etc. I don't have a job or anything lined up, and I don't have plans other than to spend July watching the World Cup in a location with a TV.

Summer's going to be weird as usual, but in a different way. It's way too long and I don't know what I should be pushing myself towards. I think Polluted Bitch-Hound is going to be playing a few shows over the summer, and I'm going to do my best to practice drums a lot. Jobwise or internshipwise I don't know (mom's pushing me hard about this), but I don't want to fuck up any sort of "future" in the "music business." I'm probably just going to drink a lot and paint and run.

Most of all, there's the emotional weirdness that comes with that much time spent doing nothing. Last summer ended up being probably my least favorite summer ever. Right now I am happier than I have maybe ever been thanks to a certain girl named Julia, and I think that when she's around, I'll at least be going out of my way to hang out with her. Unfortunately, I can't spend all my time on the move because with limited employment comes limited cashflow. However, I hope to afford the following relative luxuries:

June 18: EYEHATEGOD/BRUTAL TRUTH
Sept. 4 (?) THE STOOGES/SLEEP (ATP)
Drum things

Yeah that's about it. Eh, better do work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment