Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sombreros are fucking required

So someone hit my parked car today and fucked up the driver's side mirror. He at least did the right thing and told security, and offered to pay for a new mirror. That's cool because I have an old Volvo and apparently every part for those cars is really expensive, but it's used a lot of my energy today so I'm really tired. I'm also really tired because I woke up early, because I played drums for a few hours today, because ensemble ran too late, because I went to some dude's moderation concert (like mine last year!), or because I'm doing calc now. And I might be more tired later, since I'm going to go see my friend Lucian's band pretty soon.

The thing is, days like this really aren't that uncommon, but I hesitate to refer to myself as "busy" because it seems like everybody is always busier than I, or they make it seem that way. The thing is, though, that I don't think I could ever be one of those people who's always in the science lab, or always at the music building, or something like that. I'm not sure if it's a lack of work ethic or just a refusal to stop having fun, but it's sometimes hard to think about, since having no life is definitely how you get really, really good at something. Does everybody just do meth and stay up all night doing everything they "have" to do? I just can't think of any one activity I could commit to like that.

Anyway, I've recently spent all my "me" time hanging out with Julia, playing Zelda, or playing FIFA 11, or some combination of those. No partying, a decent amount of sleeping. Things are pretty good, but stressful sometimes.

Anyway, I just blasted the first LP of Electric Wizard's mammoth Dopethrone. The thing is so, so heavy, so I'm happy to have purchased the latest Rise Above reissue- Wizard vinyl always goes out of print and then sells for $200 on ebay, so I'm stoked to have gotten it for 20 bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment