Saturday, October 22, 2011

Proud owner of a few new things

So I drove my first car, my beloved red 1996 Volvo 850 Turbo, to its death yesterday morning. Yes, I drove it to a junkyard. By now, it's probably a metal cube, but yesterday it was a sometimes-running machine full of memories. I kissed Julia for the first time in that car, I moved gear to and from countless shows in that car, I slept in that car, and I went everywhere in that car. It didn't sound good, it had no stereo, the trunk didn't work, but it was definitively my car. It is being replaced by a 2001 Chevy Lumina sedan, clearly a car previously owned by an old lady, with less storage space, much better mileage, and a tape deck. I love that it doesn't make noises, but mostly I love the tape deck. To celebrate (stupidly), I just bought a sealed copy of the last Carcass album (the cock-rock one) for $8. I know that album has its haters, but I think it's great; that said, I can't afford to keep paying $8 here and $10 here on little things like that when I need to pretty much be spending money on components, gas money/travel expenses where need be, and maybe a little beer. A Little Beer. I think I'm generally pretty responsible with my money, but these little impulse buys on the Internet can really add up. Oh well, at least I have Swansong on cassette, so that's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment