Sunday, November 6, 2011

Back to it!

Just got back from an overall incredible weekend in Geneseo. Julia's so unbelievably special, and there are these moments where I want absolutely nothing in the world other than to spend time with her. I feel like it's a sort of thing some people spend their entire lives searching for and never find; then again, maybe I'm shortsighted and almost everyone finds it at some point, or something. All I mean to say is that I'm an unbelievably lucky guy.

Unfortunately, the bliss surrounding my romantic situation right now does not extend to my own health, which, unfortunately, is less than ideal. My mom raised me to avoid antibiotics at all costs, arguing that they create super-viruses, so I've had a certain intestinal problem for about three months now that I've been trying to sort of treat naturally, by eating things that are right for it and the like. Unfortunately, I feel like that hasn't done much or anything, so my immune system is fucked and I'm experiencing many, many other symptoms specific to this thing. I am now aware that I should've called a doctor a long time ago, but my record of health has been such during my lifetime that pretty much everything has gone away on its own, and I've never really been ill for more than a week at a time. As such, I'm just now deciding to seek medical help, and as such, tomorrow (Monday) morning cannot come soon enough, because it is then that I know when I get to go to Hudson to beg some lady for antibiotics. In my experience, antibiotics are honestly great. I got lyme disease a few years ago and I felt much better a few hours after taking my first hit of doxycycline, although the shitty thing there was that I had to go through the first month of college (the really warm part) avoiding exposure to sun because I was very at risk for sunburn, as well as being too weak to really go to the gym, and probably prompting the first my many slides out of fitness.

And if I don't feel too shitty to function tomorrow (like if I feel how I do now tomorrow I'm not going to class), I'm going to get started on soldering my newest thing, which I might call "The Blender." I'm not sure if I talked about it already, but essentially it takes two signals and blends them in a fucked-up manner. As such, it'll be two-input and three-output, one for the effect and two to bypass each of the incoming signals so the box doesn't just eat two things' signals. To my knowledge nobody has done this exact thing before in one box, although I guess I haven't looked very hard. It uses a bit of that same WSG circuit, plus a cool use for an NE555 timing chip that I found Casper Electronics using, but there's a lot more to it that I can't really think about right now because that is one of the symptoms of what I have. Ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment