Monday, November 14, 2011

Well cooooool

So in the week since I last posted on here, a lot's been going on! I've slowly been recovering my health (I think, though it's not perfect), I started work at that coffee place, and as of tonight, I kind of finished the "Blender." There are a few kinks, like an LED issue I hope to have resolved in the morning and an issue where it starts to distort at higher "blending" frequencies which may be an issue with the buffer or may be an issue with the whole thing I'm trying to do (rapidly opening and closing switches may not be the easiest on the ol' 4066 chip). I made a schematic for it in EAGLE but I had to change a few things on the fly, so I'll be fixing that and posting it on here, as well as maybe on another blog, if I decide to start one solely devoted to electronics.

In other news, my friend Ben and I are making a spur-of-the-moment trip down to Brooklyn tomorrow to see Fucked Up, a band both he and I will always love, as they supposedly prepare to go on hiatus or maybe break up. Their new album isn't the best thing they've done, and they're playing it in its entirety, but their last album wasn't the best thing they've done either and seeing that played live still ruled, and I got my glasses broken. Really looking forward to it, though I'll have to drive back to Bard the same night in order to be around for work in the morning. Oh well!

Longer-term, it sounds like things are shaping up with regards to my moving to Rochester next fall in order to study electronics more in-depth and be closer to Julia. I'm really looking forward to that, and it sounds ideal: both enough space to do my own thing (i.e. learn) but more proximity than I have here, and the ability to see her anytime we want. She also brought up the prospect of, after she graduates, traveling around for a while on very little money and seeing things. I sort of panicked, honestly, because I was thinking like, "wait, what about my career?!" but I've been thinking about it since she brought it up and it sounds better and better the more I think about it. I'll have my whole life to do electronics and play music, but not my whole life to do things young people do, like see the world. It's important to disrupt one's routine, and sometimes I forget that, but it sounds like it'd be an invaluable experience. I don't know where she wants to travel (we've discussed Central America in the past), but personally I'd push for Europe, given the ease of transportation and a certain interest in all things European. Anyway, that's in the pretty far future, but an exciting thought nevertheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment