Monday, March 2, 2009

Catching up

So I haven't had time to post much lately because I've been going to the library and keeping busy. I have an essay due tomorrow that I hope won't kill me. I wrote lyrics to a song and I think they're all right.

There is a Root Cellar show on Friday. Ghost Town Trio and Reverse the Curse. Should be fun. After that I have the studio at Blum until 4 AM and I want to lay some hot trax down.

I went to Cornell over the weekend and saw LUDACRIS play some of his songs. Guy's sold fifteen million albums, but nobody at this great Ivy League school seemed to fully grasp how much they'd been conned by this whole thing. Like I understand that I go to a school which is CRAZY about irony, but I don't think it's necessarily Bard speaking when I say that there was not "nearly enough" irony present in that room. I also feel like I've reached the plateau where a show has to be really, really fucking good for me to actually enjoy it. Luda was okay. Didn't have nearly enough tattoos...!

No comments:

Post a Comment