Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hey

So no update in a while, and this isn't gonna be huge. I have a blog.

It's the middle of Spring Break. I have been "writing songs," which has quotes around it because I haven't worked on any of the songs I said I would work on. That being said, now that I've spent a few days being removed from all that, I'm not really sure how much I like the stuff we have. I have also learned to play Neil Young's "The Needle and the Damage Done" and Weezer's "Say It Ain't So" thanks to the internet. The song I actually have written fully is a four-minute acoustic thing that I hope to flesh out under the moniker "Remain Standing In This Light." Not a reference to anything, just something I woke up saying yesterday around 2 PM. Life is good.

I watched the 1972 adaptation of Kurt Vonnegut's classic Slaughterhouse-Five just now. That book is a favorite of mine, and Vonnegut was right when he commented on how perfectly it was translated. Recommended.

Oh yeah, I've been listening to a lot of doom metal the last couple days. As a non-weed-smoker, that shit fascinates me. Jus Oborn apparently tunes his guitar to fucking A# and runs his guitar through a bass amp. Someday I will achieve that heaviness...

No comments:

Post a Comment