Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Okay, sorry


Last post on here, the Phelps one, was really fucking useless. I apologize. I am not used to this kind of power, and at this stage, stupid shit like that might devastate my huge fanbase. Here's how that one slipped through: I was going to write about Verse breaking up because their bassist decided not to be edge anymore, and use that as a jumping-off point to write something about how everyone needs to make their own choices, without necessarily agreeing with that dude, and how fucked it is that a band (probably) broke up over something that trivial. Then I realized that a)I don't really care about Verse and b)nothing coherent was coming out of it. So yeah. Fuck straightedge and fuck being pressured into doing anything.

"What is new?" For the last three weeks I have been playing music with some friends. There are about 3.5 songs written at the moment, and as the first is radically different from the most recent 2.5, I'm going to say we have 2.5 songs. I described it to Daniel earlier as something like "Drive Like Jehu covering Jawbreaker with harmonized solos," and I think that's about it. Honestly, after being in two bands just last semester that barely did and did not (individually) come to fruition, and before that being in many, many "bands" that totally fell apart, I have to respect groups that genuinely have their shit together onstage. You have to actually work at it and have things go your way. Last semester things did not go our way.


Oh, other thing. I don't want to fall into the niche of "Bard bands" who play Smog every month and nowhere else. In fact, I want to avoid playing Smog ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment