Sunday, February 22, 2009

WAT

So I'm here at New Henderson trying to start an essay (which, I hope, is the hardest part of this thing). I already know what I want to say (kind of), which is good, because it's past 10 and the thing's due tomorrow. Probably gonna be a late night, this has to be 6-8 pages. Probably 6.

Anyway, I'm writing this to try to clear my mind so I can get down to business. I need something catchy to kick off an essay about human freedom, man's social nature, and the relationship between the two.

So this weekend I went to New York (with Quinn) and saw Black Dice for the third time (with Quinn and Jarred). They played like 7 songs I'd never heard before, which I can only assume to be off REPO, "Glazin,'" which is off REPO, and one I recognized from Load Blown. The new jams were very solid, so I can only assume that their studio counterparts will be similarly good. I always like to hear a band that's good at what they do. Blank Dogs opened and played some okay rock stuff that was really Brooklyn and not hugely interesting, but at least didn't sound bad. Whatever.

If I ran this town, I would start this paper with "The relationship between man’s perception of his own freedom and his social nature is something complex that I won’t get into."

Unfortunately, I don't.




No comments:

Post a Comment